Lake Charles is well known for its culture, tourist attractions, and cuisine. This is Cajun country, where everything from hotels to sights to cuisine has been historically influenced by French culture. Even though the region is well-known for its fantastic fishing and hunting, Lake Charles is a must-visit if you’re looking for a distinct cultural experience from New Orleans. If you are planning to enjoy your holidays in Lake Charles, it is better to take your car with you as this helps you in saving your time and energy.
If you choose to use public transportation, you have to wait until the bus or cab arrives. Hence, it is always better to use your own vehicle to travel comfortably. If your present location is far away from Lake Charles, it would be better to hire the services of a good transportation company such as Ship a Car, Inc. You can use the same transportation company to move back your vehicle to your address when you return.
Below are some reasons to visit Lake Charles. Take a look at them!
- Outdoor Activities: If you are someone who loves outdoor activities, Lake Charles is your place. North Beach here is a wonderful outdoor activity to partake in for an afternoon while you are visiting this city, which is known for its diverse culture. Many families go to North Beach. Besides, it is a family-friendly beach, to enjoy the sunshine and cool down in the sea. While some construct sandcastles or stroll down the sandy length of the beach, many choose to sit down at the picnic sites that are nearby and have tables for food and beverages. People frequently swim in the water.
- Music Festivals: A lot of music festivals happen here every now and then. Attend the music festival with your loved ones and you will definitely have fun.
- Creole Nature Trail: Driving down the Creole Nature Trail which is one of Louisiana’s most beautiful and picturesque routes can make you feel really happy. Another well-liked activity along this route is biking. Drive quickly down rural Highway 27, which passes through Cameron Prairie National Wildlife Refuge and connects the communities of Bell City and Creole. While you’re there, stroll around the refuge proper and take a detour along Pintail Wildlife Drive.
- Restaurants: You can find some amazing restaurants here. If you are a foodie, do visit some of the restaurants here and you will love the food.
- Imperial Calcasieu Museum: The Imperial Calcasieu Museum was established in 1963 and is one of numerous Lake Charles museums. The items in its collection depict daily life in the former Imperial Calcasieu region, from the time of the Native Americans to the present. Items like photos that document the Great Fire of 1910 serve as examples of the area’s extensive and spectacular history.
- Lake Charles Casinos: The casinos in Lake Charles, LA are also very popular. Many people do enjoy visiting this location to try their luck. The L’auberge Casino Resort offers exquisite cuisine, great dining options, and of course, table games and slots.
Hire the best shipping company today to take your car to Lake Charles safely!